I Just Had To Laugh
The speaker made a short and pointed remark to those who are facing obstacles in their life. "GET A GRIP! So is everyone else." Every person who has ever done anything worthwhile faced obstacles.
For some followers of Christ, this is a problem. Let me break it down for you.
Some followers believe that they are privileged in some way because of their faith. That every time they wake up in the morning there is an angelic choir singing "Ahhhhh" in melodious tones and a halo appears at the crown of their head. Nothing bad could happen to them, they are too, "good" for that. So when obstacles appear before them, they must have done something wrong.
Some followers believe that because they are, "chosen", therefore they are to be immune to the effects of sin and life. When obstacles are thrown into the mix, they concluded that they must not be, "chosen" and subsequently give up on faith.
Some followers are so focused on their obstacles that is all they use their faith for. Now, before I get the hate email, follow along. Yes, some circumstances can happen that will require you to go all in with all of your faith. Terminal illness, abuse, a severe accident and more. I'm not speaking to you who are going through the most desperate times of your life.
I am speaking to those who see nothing but obstacles. Their, "perfect little life" isn't a reality and they tend to get a little angry with God about it.
Mark 11:22-24 22 And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. 23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
So, what can you do? Well, here are a few keys you can use to unlock your faith.
1) Everyday faith is designed to address daily obstacles. But remember, there is supernatural faith (1 Cor 12) that is available to help you address needs that are bigger than yourself.
2) Trying to get God to, "bless you mess" will never work. Instead, find out what God is doing and get on board with it.
3) God will always be more concerned about your salvation than your comfort.
4) Mark 11:22 - 24 would lead you to believe that you have some kind of, "blank check" when it comes to God. Well, you kind of do. You can ask for anything, but that doesn't mean that God will answer everything.
- Discover what His will is and pray for it.
- Be willing to accept, "no" for an answer.
- Be willing to wait on Him. Timing is everything.
Well, I could blog on this all day, so let's pray.
PRAY: Dear Jesus, increase my faith and then teach me how to use it. AMEN