But over the years Christmas has been ratcheted up to a level that even I wouldn't try to understand.
- The largest floating Christmas tree measures 278 ft 10 in. in height
- The record for the most lights lit simultaneously on a Christmas tree is 150,000.
- The most expensively decked Christmas tree was decorated with 83 pieces of jewelry which had a total value of $16 million.
- The largest Christmas stocking measured 106 ft 9 in long and 49 ft 1 in wide, heel to toe.
- The largest Christmas star ornament measures 103 ft 8 in tall.Source: www.telegraph.co.uk
The celebration of Christmas has never been about how BIG it can be. It has always been how HUMBLE it can be.
- Jesus arrived as a humble king who was born in a stable.
- He lived with a poor and humble family.
- He worked a humble job as a carpenter.
- He spoke with the humble words of a friend, not the arrogant words of a dictator.
- He cared about people with a loving heart.
"They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness" Psalm 145:7 (NIV)
Christmas is a memorial of remembrance. We remember that Jesus, King of Kings came down from the richness of heaven to live among us. He gave up everything, including His life so He could give us everything. Eternal life and hope. Don't worry if Christmas isn't perfect. Perfection is a fickle idol that will torment you. Make sure that Christmas is real. That it is really about Christ.
PRAY: Dear Jesus, help me to keep my focus this season on You. AMEN