After Irma, Maria showed up on the scene. While it was over a week away, people were already making a run on water and bread at Publix.
In 04' Hurricane Charlie hit the west coast. All was quiet then Frances made a mess. Hurricane Ivan had passed us, but then drifted back down to Florida as a tropical depression and almost washed the state away. Then while drying out from that one, Jeanne hit us. All any of us could say was, "What!?! Not again!!"
Life has a way of just coming at you in waves.
I was reading a facebook post this morning that recapped the last couple of weeks for someone.
- Their father had two heart attacks a stroke and a number of other health problems.
- They bought tickets to escape Hurricane Irma - lost them.
- Their home was robbed after the hurricane.
- Their insurance didn't cover the robbery.
So what was this person saying?
- Praise God my dad is alive.
- Praise God I could repurchase new tickets.
- Praise God my family wasn't home when it was robbed.
- Praise God, stuff can be replaced.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Prov. 3:5 - 6
Stop and thank God for what you have. Believe that He is going to see you through this. Know that He's on your side!
PRAY: Dear Jesus, help me get through hurricane season. AMEN
P.S. As of this time, little is known about Puerto Rico. The entire island doesn't have power or the ability to communicate with their loved ones here in the states. Please pray for them.