Zombies vs Sinners
Ephesians 2:1-5 1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions —it is by grace you have been saved. (NIV1984)
Dead in your sins! That was rather blunt! Paul had a knack for that though. (Ever read 1st Corinthians?) People who are living in sin are dead people walking around thinking that they are alive! When you think about it, the fantasy story lines from zombie movies really does parallel everyday life!
- Zombies are dead people walking around.
- Sinners are spiritually dead people walking around.
- Zombies think that they have to “convert” everyone to their way of life. (Makes for some gruesome moments in horror movies.)
- Sinners think that anyone who doesn’t live like them is “weird” and needs to be “converted”.
- Zombies have no moral center.
- Sinners don’t have one either!
Faith Family Worship Center - palm city, florida