We have pre qualified! In fact our mortgage broker said "It was easy!" Calling our credit report, "stellar" and "clean". I only say this to give credit to Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We did what he said and it paid off!!
So we are looking at houses now. This is what I have learned.
- Don't look in the window if someone is living there. Oooo! That's embarrassing, not to mention something that will get you put in jail. We got away before we got caught.
- If the picture on the web is taken from across the street from the house - wait until you walk up on it.
- Some homes are ugly and some homes are ugly to the bone. You can't fix ugly to the bone, just walk away.
- If the AC unity outside looks like it came off the ark. Just plan on replacing it first thing.
- Don't trust the pictures on the web. It was probably before the people moved out and if they were mad about being foreclosed on, they probably took it out on the house.
- I think that Tim Jarrett actually likes looking for a house for me more than I like looking for a house for me. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to him and his family for feeding us most nights this last week. (We had the country fried steaks from angel food, with white gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits for dinner last night. It was goooood!) :)
- Pat Scanlon said on facebook "Arkansas Jones is on another quest."