To say that God is basic is probably a sin. There is no way that I or anyone else can completely understand God. The very thought that anybody would try even confuses me. If I can understand everything about God, then I am God (or at least His equal). I need a God that:
- is bigger than me. We can and never will be God. He is the Creator of the Heavens and the Universe. I need to know, for my own security, that He is bigger than anything!
- rules time and space. He created it, He rules it. Why do I need to know that? God is never in a hurry. God is never late. God is never to far away. God in never conquered by the simple things of life that conquer me.
- that understand my life. Sometimes I don't understand me. I especially need Him to understand those things about me so He can protect me from me.
- eternally loves me and cares about me. When I am in pain, He is there for me. Without His love and care, I am all alone. I don't like alone.
- is never challenged. If God said, "Uh,Oh!" It would be very, very bad. But nothing challenges God. In fact, I need Him to challenge me.