I haven't written in a few days for a simple reason. I've had nothing to say. Oh, I could have made some stuff up - but to be quite honest I think you deserve better than that. It happens to all of us at one time or another. Writers block. You just can't seem to get a handle on a thought. I have wondered if any of the authors of the Bible ever got writers block. Don't get all super spiritual on me here, yes I believe that the Holy Spirit inspired the writers but the human element is still there! You just have to fight your way through it. Here are a few things to remember when you have to face whatever is stopping you at the moment.
- Whatever your obstacle appears to be, most of the time, isn't as tough as it looks.
- If it is tougher than you thought it was going to be - get help!! Don't do this alone.
- Don't take obstacles so personally. When it's all about you the obstacle will actually get tougher. When you turn it over to Jesus, then He will move the mountain.
- Don't despise situations and/or Jesus if obstacles are making your life uncomfortable. Jesus is actually more concerned with your faith than your comfort.
- Some obstacles are short term, others are a marathon, learn how to tell the difference and treat them accordingly. Confusing the two will always lead to a disaster.
- Learn from your obstacles. Much like learning from your mistakes, understand and grow past them - otherwise you will be doomed to repeat them again.
Do you have any others that you would like to add to the list??