That was Betty's text from the Bible this morning as she led children's church in the main worship service. Just of the record, Betty and her team of kids did an excellent job! Back To School Sunday was a HUGH success!
The whole lesson was about NOT living in fear.
Betty shared with everyone some of the things that have caused her fear in the past.
- When you total your husband's (that's me) car a few months after getting married.
- When you have 5 miscarriages and wonder if you're going to miscarry again.
- When the church goes through a tough time, and your husband (again me) doesn't get paid for a year.
- When your job gets cut to 4 hours a week and on the same day your husband (you know who) gets laid off.
- Standing in front of thousands of people at a convention and singing a solo.
- Being homeless with a three-year-old.
- Being told your husband (yes, still me) has cancer, but they can't find it.
Trusting in God is the only thing you can do in the face of fear.
- Remember the car that was totaled? My dad called me that evening and asked if I wanted a car he had just purchased.
- Remember the 5 miscarriages? When we discovered we were pregnant with Anneka, our faith reached a new place to meet that need.
- Remember me not getting paid for a year? Each month, for 12 months 12 random people gave us $1,000.
- Remember when I got laid off, and Betty's job was cut to 4 hours? I got a call the next day offering me a job working for Bass Pro Shops.
- Being homeless with a three-year-old? That took a little while, but we were finally able to purchase the home that we live in today.
- The whole cancer scare went on for 6 months. For months people I never knew would walk up to me and say, "God says, don't worry, you don't have cancer." Turns out I had a bad case of mono.
My point being, God, took care of us every step of the way. Scary? Yes. But we didn't live in fear.
PRAY: Dear Jesus, give me love, power, and a sound mind today. AMEN