How To Let God Meet Your Needs!
One of these days I am going to be watching an infomercial and hear the following. (In a British or radio voice)
That's right, for only 27 payments of $99.95 you too can have your every need met. All you have to do today is call us at 1-800-we got you, and we guarantee that God will meet your every need. But wait! There is more! For the first 100 callers, we will also throw in for free, one get out of sin free card. That's right if you're planning on doing something bad - then you want to get this free pass right now!!!
If you believe any of that I've got some ocean front property in Kansas, I would like to sell you.
How can I let God meet my needs?
#1 Be still!
- If you are running from place to place looking for the, "better" religion you're going to come up empty handed. You don't have to run to God like that. He's already right there beside you.
#2 Know that He is God!
- So many people talk about God, but few know that He is God. There comes a time when your "knower" knows! (My apologies to my English majors out there.)
Give God a chance to meet your needs. Don't try to do His job for Him.
- ADMIT that you can't meet your needs.
- QUIT trying to do His job.
- FORGET about your fears and focus on your faith.
PRAY: Dear Jesus, I will wait on You today. AMEN