Grateful or Gripeful
No gripeful isn't a word, but it should be. Gripeful: To be full of gripe.
Every holiday season has a personality of it's own. There are no two Christmas' alike. Some years people flock to church. Other years - not so much. As I travel around town I can hear the people talking about Christmas. Well it's more like shouting. "They want how much for that!?!" "Well they are just going to have to do without."
Being grateful is a choice. It isn't something that you do because you have good manners. When is the last time you thanked God for your house - your car - your kids? When was the last time you thanked God for your health - your career - your life?
So when do we really become grateful? Usually right before you lose it. I don't know how many times I have heard people say, "I really didn't know what I had until I lost it." What a shame.
So here are a few things that you need to do - RIGHT NOW!!
1) Determine to have an attitude of gratitude everyday. You may need to put something up on your bathroom mirror or and daily reminder on your iphone to help you with this.
2) Choose what you are going to be grateful for - then expand on that list as much as possible everyday!
3) Be honest!! Don't fake it! Some days will be tougher than others, but remind yourself what life would be like without these blessings.
So what am I grateful for?
- A beautiful wife who chooses to pursue being a Proverbs 31 women with all her heart and soul.
- A beautiful daughter who got all her good looks from me (because her mom still has all her good looks). Who was in the back of the car last night singing "It's All About the Cross" at the top of her lungs, with all of her heart and with her hands raised to God.
- Great friends who care and bless me and my family when they can. They don't give up when times get tough. I know that God will reward them generously and soon!!
- Fellow pastors who care. They listen and that helps!
- Mexican food (I'm thinking about lunch).
So what are you grateful for?