What Is Really Important
During this month I have been preaching about, 30 Days To Live. What would you do if you only had 30 days to live? We would change a lot of our priorities and practices wouldn't we? Then we ask ourselves the question, "Why don't we do it now?" Then again, life doesn't afford us that luxury. A great friend of mine lost his job today. No fun. Been there and done that. What is most important now? All of a sudden - things change drastically. A lot of you reading this post maybe identify with what is going on. Life dictates to you what you are going to do.
We think that it is a luxury to live life on our terms, to do what we want to do. But as I think about it, that isn't right either, is it? We are here to live the way Christ wants us to live. To do what He wants us to do. In His time, to do it His way. Life will overwhelm you so much that you can't even think about what it is your suppose to be doing. Then at night when you lay your head down to sleep, you wonder if this is what your suppose to be doing.
1. Take the time to look at your life. Do you like what you see? If you don't, what's wrong?
2. Talk to people who are wiser than yourself. I didn't say richer, better or faster. Just go with wise.
3. Begin with the end in mind. Once you know where you are at, then determine where you are going.
4. Don't take no for an answer. When life tries to overwhelm you, tell it no. The steps you take from #3 will help you do that.
5. Don't give up. The reward is worth the price. Just remember, YOUR NOT CHEAP!!