It is really odd how we think about the things we are grateful or ungrateful for. What we complain about and what we assume we will always have.
This time, about 6 years ago, Anneka was about 3 months old. I was shocked at how many people told me how my "life" had now ended. That everything was going to change. Now I am experiencing it again. As one person put it - "Enjoy it now, it won't be long until you hate it." Honestly, I was shocked. I thought about saying, "Hey! You need to be homeless!"
Quite honestly, I am getting very concerned about the amount of "griping" I am hearing from Christians mouths. Mine included! I have been catching myself the last few weeks saying things that really out of character for me! I could come up with some excuses as to why, but none of them justify the complaining.
So today I am taking time to "count my blessings". Then after each blessing I am going to thank God for what I have. Are there any blessings that are perfect? No. Only Jesus is perfect. But I do have:
- A beautiful wife who loves me even when I am grouchy and unlovable.
- A beautiful daughter who puts a smile on my face everyday whether I want one or not.
- A wonderful house that is going to be a great home for all of us.
- A great church that can do more and be more than any other church it's size that I know.
- A church family that loves me and my family.
- Great friends who are there for me when I need them.
- People who call me their friend.
- Florida, where warm breezes blow instead of snow flakes.
- The people who make this church go!
Come on! Join in!!