I Love The New Year
There is something cleansing about the new year. Why? I don't know. There isn't any reason why one couldn't do this at anytime of the year. I've been talking to people who say that they are going to, "turn over a new leaf." Or that they are going to make some "significant" changes. Well that's good but here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
1) Change what God wants to change. There is nothing wrong with dreams as long as they are God given dreams. Pray and ask God what He wants you to do. If you already know what He desires for your life then start today!!! What are you waiting for!
2) Ask for the Holy Spirits help. You have probably broken more new years resolutions than you have kept. Well quit keeping score, that just discourages you. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the strength and knowledge to be successful.
3) Enlist the help of others. This one can be tricky if you're not careful. The key here is empathy. Ask someone who at least can comprehend and appreciate what you are doing. Don't ask someone who is doing the same thing that you are doing. When they fail, and they might, chances are you will too. Find someone who has already reached your goal and ask for their help.
4) Close the mouth and open the ears. I see too many people fail because they didn't listen. Pay attention to what you hear and spend more time listening to others who are or who have changed their lives.
5) Don't give up! But know the cost of what you're about to do before you do it. If you are not willing to pay then you're doomed to fail.
6) Don't be afraid! Fear of the unknown or the imagined has done more damage to peoples lives than we will ever know, and none of it exists. Don't let shadows and smoke scare you. When in the valley of the shadow of death, literally or metaphorically, hang on to the Shepherds staff. There is nothing to be afraid of.