Yesterday about 100 pastors and church leadership from the Assemblies of God met with our new General Superintendent, Rev. George Wood. If you don't know, the General Superintendent leads our national office in Springfield, Missouri. He wanted to share with us 5 core values that the leadership team of the AG will be working on and then opened the floor for answers and questions.
The five core values are
1. Passionately proclaim, at home and abroad, by word and deed Jesus as Savior, Baptizer in the Holy Spirit, Healer, and Soon Coming King.
2. Strategically invest in the next generation
3. Vigorously plant new churches
4. Skillfully resource our Fellowship
5. Fervently pray for God’s favor and help as we serve Him with pure hearts and noble purpose.
Not only was I impressed with the fact that Rev. Wood desires to be accessible and open about the AG's future. I was further impressed with ability to communicate to us passion concerning these core values as well as other points of interest. It is going to be interesting to see what happens in the coming months to the Assemblies of God.